Happy Christmas! Since I’m in the holiday spirit and I’ve seen this tag go around, I decided to see what Santa might bring with him down the chimney tonight! Be sure to check out the original post by Jenn @ Jenniely!
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ✔️
Whoops! While I haven’t missed any publishing deadlines, I am behind for the year. Hopefully, I’ll be able to cruise through my outstanding ARCs during the Late-a-thon hosted by Destiny @ Howling Libraries in January?! *Fingers crossed!*
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
Whew, I’m sitting happy at 79%! My goal is to stay above 80% for 2019… which shouldn’t be hard to maintain with my rejection rate! 😭
3. Rated a book on goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ✔️
Um… it’s never too late to make up for this right? I have all of them in my ‘drafts’ awaiting reviews. 😆
4. Folded down the page of a book
Why I’d never! (No seriously I wouldn’t.)
5. Accidentally spilled on a book ✔️
I should probably stop eating chips while reading. 😬
6. DNF a book this year ✔️
Thankfully, YES! I’m happier moving on than trudging through. I made an ‘on hold’ bookshelf on Goodreads for books that don’t fall in the DNF forever category, but would like to pick up again some day.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it ✔️
I do this all the time at the library. I’ve even extended the loan so I could keep looking at it. (Is it just me who is *that* library patron?)
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✔️
The best time to read is when you’re supposed to be doing something else! That’s when the mood strikes for a procrastinator extraordinaire. I always end up in a slump (long or short) when I have too much time to read.
9. Skim read a book ✔️
Just one: Paris Ever After by K.S.R. Burns
Wait a minute, does speed listening count as skimming? I’m a fast listener (1.5-3X depending on the narration rate), but I maxed out on 3.5X speed for a few audiobooks this year, sooo technically I’m super guilty! 🙃
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
My original goal was 12 books (which is what I read each year in 2016-17), but I raised that goal to 24 and then 50 books when I kept on reading like crazy! We’ll see what my final tally is in a few days, but I have already surpassed all goals!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it
I hate fines… Library books are always returned on time, but I’m not against renewals!
12. Broke a book buying ban ✔️
I only broke it once though! 😉 I have a rule where I will not spend over $5 on a Kindle book and use eReaderIQ to help determine when to buy books on my wishlist. “I had to have it, I couldn’t sleep.”
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✔️
See #3 above ⇈ …those ‘drafts’ are literally the titles of the books. I can’t even remember the main characters names. I’ll be reading synopses for quick refreshers, then it’ll all come flooding back, I hope.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
This is one of the perks of reading mostly Kindle books: I CAN HIGHLIGHT TO MY HEART’S CONTENT!! (I’m not yelling, I’m just excited, I promise!)
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads ✔️
If it’s not on my Goodreads, did I even read it?! 🧐
Update: The lovely Miri @ The Book Dragoness reminded me that I rarely update picture books on Goodreads. Oopsies!
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
Unfortunately, I don’t have any IRL friends who are readers. If I did, I would definitely return it because I would hope for the same from them!
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
See #16 …nobody around to worry about this one!
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
I’m super nice to library books like they were my own. I especially love the new releases that no one has opened yet! 😍
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
I would love to remove the dust jackets on library books, but they’re stuck!
20. Sat on a book accidentally ✔️
Library books, Kindles, iPhone (while playing an audiobook)… Beware of the backside! 😂
Final Score: 11/20! It looks like I’m on the Naughty List!!
I better quick make some extra cookies to leave out for the old man…🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪 …and candy canes for the reindeer since I’m naughtier than I thought!
If you’re reading this, I formally tag you! If you’ve completed this tag I’d love to find out if you’re Naughty or Nice by leaving your link below!